While winter flowers start to flower in June, July has to be our favourite month for locally grown flowers.
Our store if fully stocked with fresh flower varieties including Winter Tulips (Frilly, Double & Rococo varieties), Freesias, Stock, Japonica, Daphne, Flowering Magnolias, Hellebores, Kale, Jonquils, Erlicheer, Paperwhites, Hyacinth, Double Ranunculus, Sweet Peas, Anemone and Classic Roses.
We proudly to support local flower growers here in Victoria and share some of the best product available in the country. We source fresh flowers daily directly from our growers and wholesalers to ensure our customers have the only the very best first grade flowers.
As we move through July, you’ll start to see our store shift into a crossover phase, offering a combination of Winter and Spring flowers. This is when our store often turns predominantly pink! We will continue to source the above flower varieties as well as flowering fruit tree blossoms.
To care for your winter flowers, I recommend the following:
- Always recut your flowers when you get them home. Cut with clean snips or a knife at least 5cm from the base.
- Arrange the stems into a clean vase (thoroughly clean with bleach prior) filled with fresh, cold water.
- Place the vase of fresh flowers away from any heating vent or away from the heater. Winter blooms will last longer in a cooler room.
- Refresh vase water every 2 days.
- Keep an eye on the water level daily and top up the water if needed.
It’s such a pretty time of year to pop in, wander amongst the flowers, and say hello!